Roasted parmesan-crusted chicken breast is one of those dishes that makes your mouth water. I don't care how hungry you are, everybody cleans the plate and wants more. That is why my sweet mother wanted it to be part of her dream Mother's day lunch. It tastes so decadent, you'd want to make it for a special occasion, but it is so easy that you could make it as a regular week night dinner. Check out my Mom's Perfect Mother's Day Lunch Menu and some of the other recipes like Crab and Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and pounded (you put it in a plastic bag and whack it with a mallet until it's thinner and tender)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use a reduced calorie canola mayo but use what you like, just know it's not an every day sort of dish if you use full-fat egg mayo)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh grated is really tasty)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (I use gluten-free Panko bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Cooking spray
Preheat your oven to 375º. In a medium bowl, mix together mayo, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper. Cover a baking sheet with foil and/or spray with cooking spray.
Coat each chicken breast with parmesan mixture and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle each breast with breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning.
Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.