I can still remember the Valentine’s Day of the third grade. The night before my class party, my mom pressed these traditional rice krispey treats into these heart shaped pans, put them on a lollipop stick and frosted them to look like the conversation hearts that are so traditional to February 14. I was so proud to take these to my class party and hand out to each of my classmates as their Valentine! These would also be adorable to write names on instead of the traditional conversation phrases like, “be mine.”
For the Rice Krispie Pops:
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 6 Cups Rice Krispey Cereal
For the Frosting:
- 1 Stick butter, at room temperature
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2-4 Tablespoons Milk
- Food coloring of your choice
For the Rice Krispey Treats
1. In a large pan, melt butter on a medium heat.
2. Add your package of marshmallows and stir continuously until the marshmallows are completely melted.
3. Add your cereal and stir until well incorporated.
4. Allow the treat mixture to cool down until it is easily moldable in your hands. Spray your desired pans with cooking spray and press the treat mixture into the pan. I suggest also spraying your hands to keep the cereal and marshmallows from sticking to you!
5. Before the treats completely cool, stick the lollipop sticks into the center of the treats. Set aside on a cookie sheet or tray.
For the Frosting:
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, powdered sugar and extracts. Allow them to completely combine.
2. Add your milk, 1 Tablespoon at a time until you get the correct consistency for your frosting.
3. Separate your frosting to add the food coloring.
4. Spread your base frosting on each heart.
5. Pipe on the pink frosting in either the conversation phrases or desired names.
6. Cover with cellophane wrap and tie with a cute ribbon if you are giving these out as individual Valentines!
Check out the rest of the fun recipes and DIYs from this Valentine's Day shoot - including the perfect romanitc dinner for two (Filet Mignon with Melted Blue Cheese, Mushroom Polenta, Shrimp Cargot, Molten Lava Chocolate Fondants!), Chamgpange Glass Markers, and Ombre Glitter LOVE Sign DIY!
These would be great to write your family member’s names on and serve alongside these delicious Strawberry Cupid Floats:
How did your Rice Krispie Heart Pops turn out? Share your pics with us by following us on Instagram and tagging @CampMakery!